Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Logistics

Yesterday's workout: 90 minutes (30 min warm-up; 45 minutes steady pace; 15 minutes cool down)

Friday workouts are always dicey because I have to do them before work.
I never do well when I just roll out of bed, lace up the shoes and head out the door - I'm stil groggy and half-asleep, thirsty and in desparate need of a cup of coffee. Yesterday's workout was no exception...and to make matters worse, I needed the washroom after 30 minutes.

Going to the bathroom in the middle of the marathon is unavoidable, but you waste a lot of time waiting for those porta-potties; last year, 5-7 minutes were eaten up by my pee break. This may not seem like an unreasonable amount of time, but when you're trying to break a personal record or qualify for the Boston Marathon, every second counts! I just don't know how to get around this problem though...when you gotta go, you gotta go! And I'm not prepared to do what some elite runners do, which is pee in their shorts! I'm not that crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home