Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tonight's inspiration

John, my inspiration for running and former Right to Play participant, came to Peninsula Runners to talk about his experience in the refugee camp in Rwanda. It was amazing - you could tell that people were really touched by his story. You could hear a pin drop, everyone was listening so intently. John even came to the workout afterwards, and blew us all away with his speed and enthusiasm! It was great to see him burning up the track while singing, laughing and cheering us on. And this is without any training, and in hiking shoes!! Well, he definitely inspired me because I had one of my best workouts in a long time. Lately, I've been really struggling and lagging behind (except in my long runs), but tonight, I felt good again. I think I just needed some perspective....

Pledge page is in the works. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home