Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Saturday, September 08, 2007

VIRCS running club

Every Thursday after work, a group from my workplace run together, and it is inevitably one of my favourite runs of the week. It's so nice to get out of our chairs, away from the computers, and into the sunshine. We are lucky because we are downtown - we usually run right by Ocean Pointe Inn or in Beacon Hill Park. I was a bit hesitant to start it at first, but people have been really enthusiastic and they even ran by themselves while I was in Spain. And we are going to start to have them on Tuesdays as well! It is especially great to see those who hadn't run at all progress from running about 5 minutes (with walk breaks) to running 20. I love to run and I'm super happy when someone "converts" into a runner. The more running partners for me the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home