Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ice-capades extravaganza

For my birthday, I wanted to do a fun activity, like ice-skating. I called up the local rec centre for the drop-in schedule, but that night was "teen night." While adults were welcome to join, I was warned that it might be a "bit chaotic." I really wanted to skate, and I thought to mysellf, "How bad could it be?" So I asked everyone to dress up in the clothes they used to wear in high school and show up at 7:30.

Wearing a hideous sweater that is eerily similar to a favourite of mine in Gr. 8, my brother and I went to the rec centre at the set time. To our surprise, there was a huge line to get in - and we were the only people over the age of 12! The noise was deafening. Still, it was really fun - and I only fell once!


At this point, my brother asked, "Why don't we go to the pub...now?"

Emily is pretty in pink

"I'm not too sure about this!!"

Ah, the 80s...age of the ugly sweater


Jillian's feathered hair, a Heather Locklear tribute


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home