Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

New beginnings


Say hi to Sienna...Tania and Don's beautiful new baby girl.

Spring is one of my favourite times of the year. I love the longer, sunnier days, all the flowers and the warmth. In Japan, everything begins anew in the spring - the appearance of cherry blossoms is synonymous with the new school year and the beginning of new jobs.

About a year ago, I started this blog to keep in touch with people and to document my life in Japan. Needless to say, since moving back to Canada, my life has gotten a lot less interesting! It's been hard to find things to write about, so I decided I need some sort to project or experiment. Back when I was living abroad, new things were happening to me all the time, and I felt like a kid again, fascinated with everything around me. I have to say that I've lost that feeling! So, in the interest of preventing this from becoming a boring log of my boring life, I've decided to try something new every week - maybe going somewhere I've never been before, doing something I've always wanted to do but was afraid to try, or striking up a conversation with a total stranger. Hopefully the experiences will provide me with some good stories and photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home