Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Friday, February 03, 2006

Yatta!

Just finished my proposal...woohoo! Okay, it took me about four months longer than I had expected, but you just can't rush inspiration! (^_-) It's been a long and frustrating process, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I was ready to throw in the towel...many times. The counsellor who is in charge of the thesis completion group tells me that I'm entitled to a "post-reinforcement pause" (which is psychobabble for "procrastination"). So I'm slacking off for the next few days...although I am already a bit bored! I'm planning my reading break get-away in the meantime...I haven't been anywhere for quite a while and I'm dying to get on an airplane.

The problem is where to go? Three choices: 1) Ottawa - to see friends, go snowshoeing, go to the National Art Gallery, and my friend may drag me to try speed dating! (and if I do end up getting dates afterwards, it will be speedy dating indeed!) 2) Calgary - to see friends, maybe snowboarding 3) California - to see friends, see San Francisco (never been) and of course sunshine!! It's really exciting to think about a trip, even if it's a short one, even if it's in North America. A change of scenery is always good. I just read that it's good to take a vacation every year and recharge the batteries; vacations prevent heart attacks! All that travelling was for the sake of my health, I swear...

1 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you on the proposal, Annie! That's such a weight off, I remember. And if you ever end up heading Toronto way, please let me know -- I'd love to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home