Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Back to real life

Mumbai - My last day in India. I never expected it to be so hard to leave, but I've really fallen in love with this country. I've been here almost six weeks, but time has flown by and I feel like I've just scratched the surface. Right now there are drums and shouting and music as trucks go by carrying revellers and huge statues of Ganesh, the elephant-headed god. All this despite the heavy rain. The people here are irrepressible. I can't wait to come back.

My last day in Goa - went for my first motorcycle ride through the mountains and by the beach with this great guy, Zul, from Bangalore. The scenery was amazing and the ride was definitely one I won't forget...the burn on my leg will forever remind me! (Beware of the tailpipe!) Mumbai's been great too...saw some movies, did a little shopping, and ate some fantastic food. One of the most fun meals was the last one I had with Aggie...I decided that we should eat our meal with only our fingers (the cutlery challenge!)...and the food really did taste better! Eating rice is pretty messy work though!

Thanks Aggie for being stellar during the last month. Travelling together is a real test of friendship, and we had a few snags, but mostly it was an incredible unforgettable experience. I'm so glad we went through it all together. Meet ya back in India next year, ne! And Zul, I'm looking forward to our next journey...wherever the road leads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home