Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Rain rain go away

Ah, the back-to-work-after-a-long-weekend blues. It was rainy all day too...at least it was nice on the holiday Monday! I spent all day at school huddling by the kerosene heaters, drinking tea and trying to kick this cold. Lots of people have been sick lately...everyone seems to be wearing surgical masks, although most are wearing them because of the pollen from the cedars. When I went down to Kyoto, it looked like a highly contagious disease had broken out.

It's almost the end of the school year...Thursday is the closing ceremony. On Friday, we find out which teachers are going to transfer to other schools and who will be coming in. A lot of mixed feelings as you can imagine. Teachers then have a week to move everything. It's a hectic week...departments are shuffled around, homeroom teachers are decided, clubs are assigned, seats are changed. Everything starts anew again for the school year in April.

Looking forward to meeting the new teachers and students, but not as excited as last year, maybe because I know I'll just have four months with them. It's weird to think that in just a few months, there will be another person here, teaching my classes, living in my apartment, befriending the people I know here. And of course, I'll be back in Canada (after India), and back to being a student, at least for a little while. It's kind of depressing to think that I'm returning to the exact place in life as I left three years ago! Ah well, it has certainly been worth it. No regrets here.

1 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're coming back to the same place but it will never be just the "same" because you have moved on, experienced a different part of the world, matured, seen life in a different light. Remember that expression "You can never go home again?" I think you'll find some truth in that. You just have to be ready to experience Canada with new eyes and new energy too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home