Hoya hoya: Looking at life anew

Friday, April 22, 2005

Hectic Hong Kong

Greetings from beautiful Hong Kong! Arrived a couple of days ago, and have just been taking in the sights and sounds of the city with my parents. Not really what I expected at all...kinda thought it would be a Chinese version of Tokyo, but it is DEFINITELY Chinese! Kinda weird as I can understand a lot and in a way it feels kind of familiar but maybe I've been in Japan too long...the differences between the two cultures are very striking and I feel a bit out of place!

towering high rises
bustling dockyards
double-decker buses rounding the corner
orchids for sale
chess players in the gardens
whiff of durian on the street

roast duck hanging in the shop window
subway rumbling underneath
bamboo steamers
dim sum for lunch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home